If you want a tough truck, you buy a Ford. If you want a really tough truck, you buy a Ford Super Duty. The highly anticipated 2011 Ford Super Duty was revealed this week at the Texas State Fair. To help illustrate all the features, technological advancements, and Ford “toughness” – a series of webisodes were created and hosted by tough guy Mike Rowe (see press release).
To access all the specs, press releases, technology fact sheets, and photos of the new Ford Super Duty check out Ford’s media site… Media.Ford.com
Here is a snippet…
* The 2011 F-Series Super Duty boasts all-new powertrains, led by the Ford-designed, Ford-engineered and Ford-built 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V-8 turbocharged diesel engine, which delivers significantly improved torque and horsepower as well as class-leading fuel economy while maintaining best-in-class towing and payload capability; new engine also has biodiesel compatibility up to B20
* A new 6.2-liter V-8 gasoline engine also is added to the lineup; it also delivers significantly improved torque and horsepower as well as class-leading fuel economy; new gas engine can run on regular-grade gasoline, E85 or any blend in between
* An all-new 6R140 heavy-duty TorqShift® six-speed automatic transmission gets the new diesel engine’s low-end torque to the ground faster; the six-speed transmission has full SelectShift™ capability, giving customers the convenience of a manual gearbox
* Available Ford Work Solutions™ plus a new flow-through console with 110-volt inverter, new seats and locking underseat storage add even more productivity in the Super Duty’s role as office on wheels; new 4.2-inch LCD Productivity Screen delivers array of information
* The new 6R140 transmission is available with segment-exclusive Live Drive Power Take Off (PTO) with the new diesel