Written by a Guest Blogger
Whether you’re looking for car, home, life or business insurance, there are many different types of coverage you can get. Insurance agents can help you evaluate your lifestyle and select the right policies, so you’re covered for any eventuality.
There are several ways you can lower your auto insurance costs. For example, if you successfully complete a driver’s education course, many companies will give you a discount. You can also buy a low-profile vehicle that costs less to insure. If you have a good driving record and a high credit rating, your car insurance may cost less.
There are many aspects of your home that you would like insured from damage such as the structure, built-in appliances and wall-to-wall carpet. You can also get coverage for water backup of your sewer and pipes that causes damage inside your home, as well as coverage for other buildings such as a garage or gazebo. Some additional coverage includes:
• Contents such as furniture and electronics
• Personal liability for bodily damage or property damage of a guest
• Flood and earthquake coverage usually with a separate deductible
• Medical or funeral expenses for someone injured on your property
Life insurance may be the basis of financial security for your family. There are four main types of life insurance and each has advantages.
• Term life insurance provides a lump sum payment to the family of the policy holder if he or she should die within the term of the policy. A term may be from 10 to 30 years. This is the least expensive type of policy, but when the term is reached, the policy expires.
• Whole life policies last the whole life of the policy holder, but the premium payments remain the same throughout. The policy can be completely paid at some point, and it will grow because it has a fixed rate of interest.
• Universal life insurance provides protection the whole life of the policy holder and gives access to tax-deferred cash values. Fixed policies cannot be changed, but with flexible policies, you can change the level of protection.
• Variable universal life insurance includes investment features. With this type of policy the policy holder can have access to professionally managed investment for future needs.
Business insurance is required for all small business owners, so their personal finances are not touched in the event of a disaster. These policies can be customized for the type of business.
Ask your agent to help you decide which type of coverage is most suitable for your lifestyle.